Information Design-Project 3: Animated Infographics

 23/04/26 - 15/10/26 (Week 1-Week 4)

Chika Clarissa Widjaja / 0378636

Character Design/ Bachelors Of Design (Creative Media) / Taylor's University

Information Design- Project 3: Animated Infographics



TABLE OF CONTENTS

  • INSTRUCTIONS
  • TASK
  • REFLECTION


INSTRUCTIONS









TASK

Poster Animation

After finishing my poster, I start to plan out my animation. This is the link to my proposal slides: https://canva.link/hvrln4eoi7r191j


I searched for a color palette that matches the Italy theme, and found vectors from Pinterest with the same style to keep it consistent. 



Animation
Before animating, I searched pinterest for the asset needed. I made sure to choose assets that look align with each other.

For the Tiramisu stacking animation, I had to make two in adobe illustrator the container, and the rim of the container, so the tiramisu layers can be seen when stacking.



For the zoom in animation, I used a null object and camera, then i turned the layers to 3D and animated the null's object scale and position to my liking. For the rest of the animation, I mostly use position and scale , making sure to use motion graphic and easy ease.



Results:







How to Become A Straight A Student
For this task, we had to make an animated video based on a book by called How To Become A Straight A student.

After we delegate our task, I was given the first point which is the calendar. The point is, you need to list down every single task immediately after you’ve been given by the teacher and spend 5 minutes organizing it in your calendar. I start sketching my storyboard to plan ahead.

Script
I got assistant from ai to make the script and visual elements for me. Then, I tweak it a bit more to my liking.

Intro + Point 1: Calendar

0:00–0:02 “"Ever wonder why some students stay on top of everything?"

0:02–0:03"The secret starts with one simple habit..." (Transition into Point 1.)

0:03–0:05 "Step 1: Master your calendar." (Introduces Newport's first strategy.)

0:05–0:07 "Write down every task the moment you get it." (Capture Immediately—use a notebook to record assignments and deadlines.)

0:07–0:10 "Then spend just five minutes each morning scheduling them into your calendar." (Morning planning and time-blocking system.)


Visual Elements & Vector Graphics

(0:00–0:02) Hook

Visual:

  • Student drowning in floating assignments

  • Worried facial expression

  • Text:
    "Always behind?"
    or
    "Too many assignments?"

Animation:

  • Camera zooms into the overwhelmed student.


(0:02–0:03)

Visual:

Everything freezes.

A glowing calendar pops into the middle.

Text:

"It all starts here."


(0:03–0:05)

Visual:

Large calendar slides into frame.

Title appears:

Step 1: Calendar

Calendar receives a green checkmark.


(0:05–0:07)

Visual:

Student pulls out a tiny notebook.

Professor hands over an assignment.

Student immediately writes:

✓ Essay

✓ Quiz Friday

✓ Group Project

Animation:

New tasks quickly pop into the notebook.


(0:07–0:10)

Visual:

Notebook transforms into a monthly calendar.

Tasks slide from the notebook onto calendar dates.

Then a daily planner appears with time blocks:

9:00–10:00 → Math

2:00–3:00 → Essay

7:00–8:00 → Review

A small clock shows 5 minutes.



Storyboard


Animation
Before starting, we decided on the typography, color palette, and vector style for consistency.
I found the vectors form pinterest, and moved on to Adobe Illustrator to change the colors to the color palette. I used AI to help me make the vectors like the calendar. I also asked AI to help me change the color of the vectors to my color palette to save time.





After making all my vectors, I move to after effects to start animating. The animation is pretty simple, I mostly use position and scale. For the camera effects, I added a null object, a camera, made the layers 3D, and animated the camera's scale to zoom in.



Finally after animating, I go to soundlab and imported my script to generate an AI voiceover. Our group chooses the voice of Adam. To make it consistent, we use the same speed, tone, etc.



Results:




Group Results:





Reflection

This assignment was pretty straightforward and simple to do since I was already familiar with after effects after all the tasks we had to complete before using after effects. One thing I was struggling with was juggling the time between this module and other modules like my main core modules. Other than that, my teammates were really helpful in delegating the tasks and making sure everyone finish their task in time, so it went really smoothly.








Comments