Environment Design: Interior & Landscape Design

   23/04/26 - 15/10/26 (Week 1-Week 4)

Chika Clarissa Widjaja / 0378636

Character Design/ Bachelors Of Design (Creative Media) / Taylor's University

Environment Design: Exterior 



TABLE OF CONTENTS

  • INSTRUCTIONS
  • TASK
  • FEEDBACK
  • REFLECTION


INSTRUCTIONS









TASK

Moodboard



Concept & Sketches

Before starting my compositions, I made a sketch on what the whole house would look like. I seperated it into 3 rooms. The puppet show backstage area, the bedroom and living room area, and the kitchen/food storage area that leads outside to the patio. Then, I use perspective wrap, and started to draw the interior of each room.

For the backstage area, I want it to function well so it could help the owner to navigate and perform well. Since he is working alone, he needs everything near him so it would be easier. I made a second table underneath the table/show area, where it includes puppets that will perform, trays for props storage, etc. I also made the surrounding include rolled backdrops, storage boxes, etc for additional story telling.





After receiving feedback, I chose to do the backstage area to show the behind the scenes and develop it even further in terms of functunality and story telling. I ended up extending the room to to different rooms, where  include the workshop from the bedroom to the backstage area since it would make sense more. 

I also develop the functuonality more on how the backdrop is going to hang, and the pulley system on the curtains, where the guy would pull the string before the show starts to reveal the backdrop.



With the layout in mind, I start making rough thumbnail sketches on how I want the angles and composition to look like. After feedback, Sir Kannan ended up choosing number 2 and 4, and to keep in mind with the perspective. 


After some thinking, it would not be wise to do the whole two rooms with the amount of time we have left on making the 3D. But I wanted to make the workshop table, so I extend the puppet show area a bit (number 3), and put the workshop behind the backdrop to make it into a complete room.




Compositions
After I made the 3D block out of my interior, I took advantage of 3D to help me set up my composition. I took 5 different angles to showcase my interior



Value Painting and Ambience





Color






Vertical Slice




























FEEDBACK

Week 9: The layout is there already. If you want to focus on this puppet show backstage, choose1 angle then do veritical, Do compositions and do 1 solid or three different angles well rendered one. Get the structure first, right now its very isometric, build the structure that would reflect on the project 1, structure meaning the walls and roof.  Can it be higher the inside structure, how interesting is it. (see photo in camera) , some elevated area maybe not just one flat ground, maybe add a puppet wooden thing to put clothes likemannequin, then do simple 3d block out and do camera angles. 



Week 10:
five and one perspective is off, 2 and 4 accepted. bring out the table more clearer in 5. the primary is good already. put your exterior beside so you can compare. maybe you want to tilt it a bit cuz rn the focus in on the workshop to show the backstage more. (talking abt the full version) , im fine with this,  color lah.


Week 11: The 3D is good this is already good but work on the area, like the wall add the wood structure, wallpaper maybe, the lights, then you can add the scattered stuff on the floor and other stuff.



Week 12:  Composition too empty, add more story telling. 


Week 13: Make proper wood texture. Refine wood texture, Too noisy, it look like metal. textures ok color ok. 

Comments