23/04/26 - 15/10/26 (Week 1-Week 4)
Chika Clarissa Widjaja / 0378636
Character Design/ Bachelors Of Design (Creative Media) / Taylor's University
Environment Design: Fundamentals
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INSTRUCTIONS
- TASK
- FEEDBACK
- REFLECTION
INSTRUCTIONS
TASK
For this assignment, our task was to understand basic fundamentals before starting our project to help us execute our future projects with efficient knowledge.
1. Perspective Drawings
During the first week, I made perspective drawings to understand it better. I made 1 point, 2 point, and 3 point perspective. It was fairly easy to understand because I just had to follow the vanishing points. The most confusing was the 3 point perspective because the more vanishing points there is, I find it harder.
2. Composition & Value Studies
I made a simple composition of a tree overlooking a cliff. I made sure to draw the foreground, middle ground, and background, and made the closest object the darkest color to create depth. Then, I added value to make it look more realistic.
3. Ambience
To create ambience, I added another layer on top of the painting, and adding a gradient from the brightest (Sky) to the darkest area (tree). Then, I changed the layer to Overlay and adjust the opacity as needed.
4. Color Management
To add color to the painting, I add another layer and set the layer to multiply. Then, I added my desired color and start painting. This was an easy step because I had already had the values set, and all I need to do was to color it. I aim for a desaturated color palette so it matches the overall atmosphere, instead of a bright and saturated one.
5. Vignette Set Design
6. Photo bashing
FEEDBACK
Week 1: Brief of module and explanation of what is expected next week
Week 2: This is not perspective studies this is form study, good attempt but theres a lot of distortion, contour is missing, this is considered vehicle design, maybe you could do a puppet show, the grandmaster's house, or an animal training ground instead.



.jpeg)

Comments
Post a Comment